Mass-Package Orphanage

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jul 3 15:29:24 UTC 2009

On 07/03/2009 09:23 AM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> NJ>  Horde:
>
> All of these packages (horde, imp, ingo, jeta, kronolith, turba) are
> PHP-based webapps, which should strike fear into most maintainers.  I
> happen to be co-maintainer so I guess I've been promoted, although
> honestly I haven't had time to put much effort into these packages
> either.
>
> So, I'm pretty sure I can't be the only person in Fedora who cares
> about these packages.  They need at least two maintainers, preferably
> three.  Please feel free to pile on.

I've recently decided to try to help out by being a package
maintainer... I haven't submitted a package, I don't have any new
packages I need. I'm wondering if it is possible to be a co-maintainer
with someone willing? I've got lots of experience creating packages for
our own server farm and workstations, but none with fedora approved
packaging... What's the policy here? I wouldn't mind helping out with
the horde stack, but am guessing I would need some sort of sponsor,
double check commits before they happen type thing... ?