Possible packages...

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 20:31:58 UTC 2009

On Monday 06 July 2009 10:49:31 Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Nathanael Noblet wrote:
> > On Jul 5, 2009, at 9:33 PM, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > Well their python run script checks for its dependancies, and if not
> > met will do a svn checkout of the right copy, however, they don't keep
> > copies of the libraries within their own repository. So if you fulfill
> > all its dependancies that shouldn't be an issue.
>
> Ah, ok - maybe that was it.

Currently, it looks like it still requires its own builds of a few
things.

Stuff (apparently) not in Fedora:
-pydirector
-PyKerberos (might just be named something slightly different)

Stuff in Fedora, but simply not used for whatever reason:
-vobject (we have python-vobject)
-pyflakes

Stuff in Fedora, but still heavily patched for CalendarServer:
-Twisted (the web2 portion, specifically)
-xattr ("requires Bob Ippolito's implementation")

That said, I have it up and running on an F11 host at home right now,
satisfying everything else w/Fedora packages.

> > I'm a little curious about the one library that F11 packages (libevent
> > at 1.4.x, where calendar server seems to download a 1.5.x...) Do I
> > repackage libevent as part of my packages to be reviewed? Or simply
> > talk to the maintainer of libevent to see if it can be bumped? On my
> > system the only package that required libevent was something related
> > to nfs... though I guess there could be others but I haven't checked...
>
> Looking at http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent/ there's no mention of
> 1.5.x on the front page anyway.  Where does it get it?

Fedora 11 has libevent 1.4.5. The calendarserver auto-build script
tries to build 1.4.8. If you install libevent 1.4.11 from rawhide, its
perfectly happy with that.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com