Possible packages...

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 21:15:47 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009 17:02:45 Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
> On 07/09/2009 02:31 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > ..
> >> Ah, ok - maybe that was it.
> >
> > Currently, it looks like it still requires its own builds of a few
> > things.
> >
> > Stuff (apparently) not in Fedora:
> > -pydirector
>
> Yeah I don't think this is in fedora
>
> > -PyKerberos (might just be named something slightly different)
>
> I thought this was I could be wrong though.

Ah, python-kerberos seems to be it:

Name       : python-kerberos
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.1
Release    : 4.1.fc11
Size       : 23 k
Repo       : fedora
Summary    : A high-level wrapper for Kerberos (GSSAPI) operations
URL        : http://trac.calendarserver.org/projects/calendarserver/browser/PyKerberos
License    : ASL 2.0

Didn't look hard enough then. Good. (Why must our python bits so
haphazardly mismatch upstream's name? PyKerberos would have been a
perfectly acceptable package name too...)

> > Stuff in Fedora, but simply not used for whatever reason:
> > -vobject (we have python-vobject)
> > -pyflakes
>
> I thought they were used if found... I'd have to look at the run file to
> see if they ignore the system versions..

They weren't here. Had 'em already installed, and the run script still
insisted on downloading private copies.

> > Stuff in Fedora, but still heavily patched for CalendarServer:
> > -Twisted (the web2 portion, specifically)
> > -xattr ("requires Bob Ippolito's implementation")
>
> I've got it using the fedora version of xattr I think,

I tried that first, it explicitly blows up when trying to start the
server, and says something about using the wrong version of xattr.

> and didn't notice the patches to Twisted...

Its not as bad as I first thought, but:

$ ls CalendarServer-trunk/lib-patches/Twisted/
twisted.application.app.patch   twisted.web2.dav.method.report.patch
twisted.mail.imap4.patch        twisted.web2.dav.resource.patch
twisted.python.util.patch       twisted.web2.error.patch
twisted.web2.auth.digest.patch  twisted.web2.server.patch

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com