New parted release update.

Joel Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 13:27:06 UTC 2009

Hello list.

I posted a mail some weeks ago about new parted version in fedora.  As
some of you might have noticed i have been to lazy to put it in :).  But
after a few adjustments and a little bit of actual work, I think I have
gotten to a point where I am satisfied.

Packages that might need rebuilding:

<snip>
# repoquery --repoid rawhide --whatrequires --alldeps parted
DeviceKit-disks-0:005-2
nash-0:6.0.91-1
nash-0:6.0.91-1
ricci-0:0.16.1-1
qtparted-0:0.4.5-19
pyparted-0:2.0.12-1
libvirt-0:0.6.5-1
gparted-0:0.4.5-1
anaconda-0:12.1-1
</snip>

Additional comments:
1. I bumped the soname (upstream will bump it as well) to
   libparted-1.9.so.0
2. The new parted is working in s390 as well.
3. There was a little API change that involved not including some header
   files.  I'm pretty sure that those header files where not in fedora
   to begin with, so I don't expect any issues.
4. You can find the build in:

Feel free to scream at me if you see anything going wrong with the new
version.

Regards.

--
Joel Andres Granados