Possible packages...

Nathanael Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Fri Jul 10 15:24:20 UTC 2009

On Jul 10, 2009, at 7:41 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> They weren't here. Had 'em already installed, and the run script
>>> still
>>> insisted on downloading private copies.
>>
>> There are two patches they have for vobject, so that might explain
>> why
>> a local copy of that is still being used. No clue on pyflakes though.
>
> Neither pyflakes or vobject are wrapped with a "only checkout local
> copies if it doesn't already exist on the system" check. After adding
> checks, I've got it running using the system versions of these now
> too. There may be $something that doesn't work right w/o the patches
> to vobject though, dunno.

Yeah, I was planning on using their caldavtester to test. Find any
regressions...

I can't remember what package when not quite new enough caused some
odd responses in the test suite, but most looked harmless (data came
back correctly, but sometimes key/value pairs were in a different
order from what the test was expecting, otherwise it was identical).

I just got a bit busy so hadn't continued to investigate, however I
figured this package would necessitate including updating some fedora
packages, as well as seeing how if their local patches could be pushed
upstream somehow.