x86_64 packages depends on i586.

David brusefamelion at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 02:35:42 UTC 2009

On 7/11/2009 9:35 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Jul 11, 2009, at 17:03, David <brusefamelion at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That's because WINE is only 32-bit, because most Winblow$ executables
>>> are.
>>>
>>>        Kevin Kofler
>>

>> "Winblow$"?
>>
>> You really should learn some control here.
>>
>> The 'real guys'. The developers, code writers, people-in-the-know, show
>> respect where respect is warranted.
>>
>> Microsoft should recieve that respect IMO.
>>
>> 90% of the desktop computers in the world use some version of Windows.
>> More desktop computers use some form of Mac OS than all combined
>> versions (distributions) of Linux.
>>
>> WINE? Is a nice concept. But it will never, again IMO, as long as the
>> 'Windows programs' that WINE can run are mostly really old DOS programs.
>>
>> Sheesh.
>> --
>>

> Perhaps you should do a little research before you spout off. Wine is
> capable of running very modern day applications that are written for the
> windows platform. It is anything but old dos programs.

Mr. Keating. May I call you Jessie? I know who you are and I respect you
a lot.

Would you please name "some very modern day applications that are
written for the windows platform" that will run in a Linux current
version of WINE? That will run under the currently available WINE in
Fedora 11. Names and versions. _Real_ applications. The ones that
ordinary 'users' want. Not the geeky ones that 'Linux geeks' want.

I am serious here. Really. The names are...?

--

  David