bchunk: dead package

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 10:56:34 UTC 2009

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/1977

bchunk is said to be obsolete, because "shntool" (also in Fedora) would
be superior. If you disagree and find a good reason to adopt bchunk, please
find a solution for the open ticket.

Originally, I had sponsored Alan Olson (alano) when he wanted to take over
this old package in Fedora. A deal that hasn't worked out this time. The
single bugzilla ticket (#439661)is without a response/action since over a
year. And attempts at contacting alano via private mail and bugzilla have
been fruitless. As such, I've removed him from the FAS Packager group, too.