Feature proposal: Rebootless Installer

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Tue Jul 14 15:30:06 UTC 2009

Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 14.07.2009, 20:12 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:

>>> Obviously you are the one misremembering things:
>>> http://cwickert.fedorapeople.org/temp/anaconda-last-screen.png
>> We are talking about a live cd installation, yes?
>
> Are we? If I understand the proposal correctly it also includes
> rebootless switching from the installation DVD into your newly installed
> system.

Ok, one more simple reply- No, this is *just* a LiveOS thing, that has
nothing to do with the traditional^2 (non-live) DVD installer.  Though
one could of course imagine architecting something like that, but that
_would_ boil down to more or less the same thing as opensuse appears to
be doing with kexec.

peace and g'nite...

-dmc