Packages tracked by FEver that need to be updated

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Jul 17 20:16:11 UTC 2009

On Fri July 17 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 07/16/2009 11:22 PM, Till Maas wrote:

> It would be useful to have a dynamically generated webpage that shows
> how close we are to upstream versions across different Fedora versions
> similar to the distrowatch packages page.

A static webpage that is regenerated every now and then should be easy enough,
that I might create it. On my blog the project leader of
http://oswatershed.org/ mentioned his project, which is something similiar for
different distributions, but it currently does not show any packages for
Fedora.

> Maybe allow package
> maintainers to add in comments indicating what their plans are, even.
> For example, if a update is going to break the ABI in a intrusive way
> (let's say XULRunner) or change the configuration file format (nagios),
> I as a package maintainer would like to convey that information to my
> users so they know why I haven't pushed an update despite new features
> or even minor bug fixes.

The bug report could be linked on the page and then the maintainer can use it
for this. This should also then be easily doable.

Regards
Till