Mock Failures on F11

Chris Tyler chris at tylers.info
Sun Jul 19 05:13:31 UTC 2009

I'm having a ton of trouble getting "mock --rebuild" to work in F11 --
I've tried it on several systems (both i386 and x86_64) with
Fedora-{10,11}-{i386,x86_64} config files and various input SRPMS. None
of the builds work: mock fails on a "yum depsolv" command with an
--installroot option.

When I run that yum command outside of Mock, it works without the
--installroot option and fails with it; I think that points to a
misconfiguration of something within the chroot image (RPM database
version, I suspect). Clearing the root image cache has no effect.

Mock on F10 with the same input SRPMS is successful.

I'm losing my mind here, and am feeling the crunch because I'd like to
use mock under F11 for POSSE this week.

(1) Is anyone else seeing these issues?
(2) Is there a known fix or workaround?

Many thanks--