Need help about XEmacs packaging

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jul 21 17:48:51 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 21 July 2009, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have a package with a xemacs lisp file which refer to lpr-command.
>
> If I try to compile this file, I will get an error message that the
> symbol's value may be void.

As far as I can tell, lpr-command is a customizable variable defined in the
ps-print lisp package which is part of the xemacs-packages-extra package in
Fedora.

> So I want to ask for the best practice to fix this issue.

Is it really an error or just a warning?  If a warning, it's possibly a
harmless one.  Anyway, try adding xemacs-packages-extra as a build dependency
and if the thing invoking lpr-command _really_ needs it to be available when
your package is installed, add a Requires on xemacs-packages-extra too.