xextproto and libXext changes - possible build breaks

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Jul 22 21:51:38 UTC 2009

As part of an upstream cleanup of the xextproto and libXext repositories,
some header files that didn't belong to the former were moved to the latter.
Along with that, some header files got renamed to match the common naming
scheme.

The rawhide packages for xorg-x11-proto-devel and libXext now have these
cleanup bits.

These changes affects most graphics drivers and these drivers will be
updated accordingly. The changes should not affect clients directly, but the
packaging is affected.
Clients may be affected by this change if they include one ore more of the
following headers:
      dmps.h
      lbxbuf.h
      lbxbufstr.h
      lbximage.h
      MITMisc.h
      multibuf.h
      security.h
      shape.h
      sync.h
      Xag.h
      Xcup.h
      Xdbe.h
      Xext.h
      XEVI.h
      Xge.h
      xtestext1.h
      XShm.h
      XTest.h
      XLbx.h

The BuildRequires should be adjusted to libXext-devel. In the case of
XTest.h the new BuildRequires is libXtst-devel.

If your package has build errors, please contact me off-list and we can sort
it out.

Cheers,
  Peter