Updated Anaconda packages

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:19:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 06:27:00PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 28 2009, Ralf Corsepius said:
> > An alternative would be, to ship a script to let people build such an
> > image themselves. It would not help everybody in all situations, but it
> > at least help people who have some (other) version of Fedora running
> > somewhere.
>
> As it turns out, we ship all the tools to build the distribution the
> exact way we do!  And as David said, he's been working with Jeroen for
> occasional updated anaconda packages.

Jeroen also kindly publishes those packages here:

http://www.kanarip.com/anaconda/

That means that you can take revisor, pungi or livecd-tools in your
existing Fedora system (or in a VM, or mock, I believe), and build an
ISO that includes the updated anaconda, and all updates up until
present time.  These tools have been available for many releases now.