Updated Anaconda packages

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Jul 27 23:38:29 UTC 2009

On 07/28/2009 12:14 AM, David Cantrell wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> On 07/28/2009 03:14 AM, David Cantrell wrote:
>>

>>> I've been doing that for Jeroen. He's submitting patchsets for review
>>> and
>>> I've built at least a few anaconda updates for him. He is currently
>>> testing
>>> updates for F-11 and when that's ready, he'll submit the patches for
>>> review
>>> for anaconda and we can do an update.
>>
>> That's good news. Thanks for doing it. Are these test packages available
>> publicly?
>
> You'll have to ask Jeroen how he handles testing. Once he has a patchset
> suitable for an F-11 update, he submits it for review and then we go from
> there. The idea being that once we roll the update for F-11, he'll be ready
> to pick it up and make images.

There a source repository online at:

- git://git.kanarip.com/anaconda, or
- http://git.kanarip.com/?p=anaconda

There's two YUM repositories online, and public;

- http://www.kanarip.com/anaconda/ - stable

- http://www.kanarip.com/anaconda-devel/ - unstable

The testing is handled by our very adequate friends in the test team of
Fedora Unity.

Furthermore, by the time the updates are available in the official
upstream repository, the product has already hit the streets.

It's the rest of the world that needs the update to be available in the
official repositories; I can do what I want wrt. the Fedora Unity
Re-Spins. However, I'm also upstream for that one other utility people
use to Remix, Re-Spin, whathaveyou. To have them ask me again and again
and again why things don't work, or why things can't be fixed, made me
ship the stable anaconda fixes repository in every default Revisor
configuration.

Now, I've requested anaconda commit access for stable branches since
like forever, since the anaconda team does not want to touch these
anymore, I've offered to be on the receiving end of bugs for these
branches, so it wouldn't hit the upstream developers, I've requested GIT
commit access years ago in order to be able to work with the upstream
developers, but so far only David Cantrell and Hans de Goede are willing
to help me. David pushes out an update to anaconda every now and then,
and Hans reviews lists of commits I'm thinking about cherry-picking from
rawhide to the stable fX-branch -because frankly that's all I do until
I'm allowed to sink my teeth in it.

-- Jeroen