Updated Anaconda packages

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 06:16:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 01:41 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On 07/27/2009 10:21 PM, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Regenerating the images is expensive -- it requires effort on the part
> > of the developers doing fixes, release engineering doing builds with the
> > fixes, QA testing the fixes, infrastructure (mirrors) carrying a
> > significant amount more bits[1], ...
> >

> Hey, that's funny.
>
> That's what I do.
>
> With a little help from my friends.

Well, that doesn't really contradict Jeremy: Jeremy's point is that we
require more resources to do something like this, and here you are,
being an extra resource :). You and your 'friends'.

that said, though, I think what you do is super awesome and I'm entirely
in favour of everyone pulling fingers out of unmentionable areas and
helping you to do it 'officially'. From a QA perspective, I'm willing to
stick my neck out and say if all the other pieces can happen - you get
maintainer privileges to anaconda and some kind of system to officially
publish respun installer images - I'll try and get the QA piece of the
puzzle into place, either by finding people within the current QA group
to help test the images, or by integrating your 'friends' into our QA
team. I'd love to see that happen.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey