[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 13:47:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 15:39 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
<snip>
> It's quite hypocritical of you to use an "anti-open-source" company
> (Creative) as an argument for not supporting hw mixing on one side
> and then touting other "anti-open-source" companies as examples to
> follow on the other.

Since when does using technology as an example mean that you condone the
way companies do business? Maybe we should start removing other parts of
Fedora because they were inspired by, or share similar technical
features to things Microsoft or Apple did before us.

I hope you see how flawed your argument is.

> But whatever. Just please stop imposing pulseaudio on those who don't
> want to use it. For the record, I'm still considering leaving Fedora
> because - as a GNOME desktop - it's becoming unusable without pulseaudio.
> Making it a hard dependency for GNOME bluetooth stack in F11 went a bit
> too far in my opinion.

I did that, and the reasons for it were discussed on this list. Nobody
has made any headway into explaining how to fix the problem[1] without
the hard dependency.

[1]: That'd be out-of-the-box Bluetooth headset and speakers support