[ANNOUNCE] New Mixer Handling in PA 0.9.16/F12

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Thu Jul 30 14:47:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wednesday, 29 July 2009 at 16:19, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:39:14 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
>
> > But whatever. Just please stop imposing pulseaudio on those who don't
> > want to use it. For the record, I'm still considering leaving Fedora
> > because - as a GNOME desktop - it's becoming unusable without
> > pulseaudio. Making it a hard dependency for GNOME bluetooth stack in
> > F11 went a bit too far in my opinion.
>
> I'm obviously missing something. Are you opposed to the general fact that
> PA packages use up your disk space, or just to the fact that PA tries
> to handle your audio?

I don't want pulseaudio daemon to be started at all. The proper way to do
it is to remove it from my disk. I do care about disk space, but I don't
particularly mind if there are some libraries taking up space. Daemons that
get started behind my back are a different and annoying issue.

> If the latter, I've removed alsa-plugins-pulseaudio and pointed my audip
> apps to alsa for sound output. As far as I can tell that removes PA
> from the picture.

Not completely IIUC.

Regards,
R.