Installing glibc 2.10.90-10 hosed my system last night

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:47:04 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 09:37, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> It works mostly OK here. No gconf issues like that, certainly. X tends
> to fall over at the slightest breeze, but that's cos I'm stuck running
> an old NVIDIA proprietary driver with ignoreABI, I think.
>
> --

I did an update of everything from rebuild yesterday. gnome is still
in rough shape. I haven't run prelink (didn't have problems for days
after others reported it, and hoped the rebuild would cure it anyway)

For X, my intel 965 hasn't worked with the last couple of kernels (one
wouldn't  boot, other had severe flashing).

I'm getting

gnome-session: Fatal IO error 4 (Interrupted system call) on X server :0.0.
gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :0.0.

So not sure if it is gnome misbehaving, old glibc/prelink or the intel driver.

darrell