Rawhide mock builds broken

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jul 31 04:48:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 23:02 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> That might help this specific case, I guess, but perhaps there's a more
> general problem.  If mock absolutely requires that it be able to create
> a group in the chroot with the same GID as the mock group on the host,
> then perhaps we should reserve a static GID for mock.

That's not a terrible idea.

> JK> exim may need to adjust it's scriptlets to make use of the proper
> JK> uid/gid.
>
> Exim doesn't actually create a GID.  It just creates UID 93 and does not
> call useradd with -g, so an 'exim' group is created with a random GID.
> As far as I know it's always done this.

Hrm, so I wonder about this.  Does exim rely on the group ownership at
all for anything?  Would it make sense to have a general 'service' or
'nobody' group that these things could be tossed in if the group isn't
to be used, to avoid taking dynamic GIDs on the host?  Or should we say
that if you are going to take a specific UID, you need to take the GID
to match it?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!