Maintainer Responsibilities

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 20:17:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I don't want to start a long thread, but just to ask a couple questions for my
own clarification. Does a maintainer's responsibilities end with packaging
bugs? IOW, if there is a problem in the package that is _broken code_ do they
need to do something about it or is it acceptable for them to close the bug
and say talk to upstream? Do we want those bugs open to track when the bug is
fixed in the distro? I'll accept whatever the answer is, I'm just curious.

Thanks,
-Steve