Maintainer Responsibilities

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 3 11:01:01 UTC 2009

On Miércoles 03 Junio 2009 11:52:37 Juha Tuomala escribió:
> On Wednesday 03 June 2009 11:47:26 Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > PS: I'm not saying to not report bugs to RH bugzilla, we can help then
> > but lack of direct communication between user and developer is issue,
>
> You're assuming that all those users are engineers and technical
> people. That might be true atm but at least I also would like to get
> the 'normal people' which are now ubuntu users.

Most bugs are filled by quite technically skilled users. For average users it
doesn't depend if it is RH bugzilla or upstream's bugzilla - it's too
complicated for them. I know - it's another story... For these people forums
are much more better.
Maybe we lack some tool for users - without technical details, more collecting
only tool... Some easy GUI for Abrt? New Dr. Konqui is nice but still too
complicated for average users. They don't click on "send bug" button but "OK"
buttons and accepting the fact of crash...

> > back to propritetary software....
>
> ....which is the reason why most 'normal people' use windows and
> among the numbers, they have the control of everything (hw support etc).

But if you observe bug or have some wish - there's no chance to talk to
developer...

> I'd like to see a day that my new display adapter works out of the
> box. I'd like to see that day as a Fedora user/community member.

I hope that day is close because I think it's worst problem of whole OSS
Desktop :(

> Tuju
>
> --
> Better to have one, and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

Jaroslav