Maintainer Responsibilities

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 4 13:59:04 UTC 2009

Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> What if upstream answers: ok, thanks for bug report, please try this
> patch... or I've fixed it in repo, please try svn snapshot,  if it's fixed
> for you?

In that case we can roll a fixed package (e.g. as a scratch build). (If
upstream says "try a current snapshot, it should be fixed", I'll usually
try to find the actual commit and, if I don't find it, ask "can you please
point me to the commit that fixed it so we can backport it?". But for some
packages, just upgrading to the newer snapshot is the better solution.) But
until that happens, there's no reason for the packager to be involved.

        Kevin Kofler