Interested in scanning?

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 09:59:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 09:54 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Nicu Buculei wrote:
> >
> > I prefixed it with "for me", i know it works for some people.
> >

> You might try compiling SANE 1.0.20. There were tons of changes
> in-between 1.0.19 and 1.0.20. I don't see a F11 or F12 build for 1.0.20
> in koji... you might want to file a bug on it.

There's already a bug about it ;-). I'm working on official 1.0.20
packages, unfortunately there are already too many patches in there
which make this not quite straight forward as it sounds. Thankfully,
I'll soon be able to devote more time to OS things than in the past.

Frontend-wise I'm rather missing tools for sensible batch-processing
(we've about 2000 slides that are waiting to be digitized) than
something "simple" like gnome-scan, but IMO most real problems are on
the backend side anyway.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty