Heads up: bluetoothd on-demand startup

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Fri Jun 12 22:27:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 23:58 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> > > I think it would. Seems to me as if some of the BT functionality
> > > (org.bluez.Manager, ...) might be useful even without having hw
> > > plugged in.
> >
> > All the API in doc/manager-api.txt shows that org.bluez.Manager's sole
> > purpose is to tell you about available Adapters, and enumerate them.
> > It's useless without an adapter plugged in.
>
> Hmm, but what about the "any" object which provides org.bluez.Service?

What would you use that for? Check for a particular service (such as the
audiosink, etc.) being available? Do you do something special when that
happens? Wouldn't the devices just be invisible to PA in that case?

If we wanted to add support for dbus activation, we'd also need to
implement a way to close ourselves if no dbus connection were made in a
certain amount of time.