[Phoronix] Ubuntu 9.04 vs. Fedora 11 Performance

Gilboa Davara gilboad at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 09:02:29 UTC 2009

> On Sat, 2009-06-13 at 05:43 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
> > > and no, glxgears is not a benchmark!
> >
> > Indeed, glxgears really sucks as as a benchmark, Phoronix's benchmark suite
> > (as imperfect as it is) is definitely more useful.
>
> I keep meaning to file a feature request for glxgears - remove the FPS
> display...if it's not a benchmark, let's not make it look like one.

While not an effective benchmark, but a good tool to check that DRI/DRM
is working.

Grated, it would have been nice if out-of-the-box OSS OpenGL
benchmarking and testing tools (outside the closed benchmarks and game
demos used by the Phoronix suite), but for now, we are more-or-less
limited to glxgears...

- Gilboa