Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sat Jun 13 21:04:30 UTC 2009

----- "Kevin Kofler" <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> If Fedora Unity wants to create them, the burden of making them work
> should
> be on them.

If Fedora Project will not or can not give the community what it needs that is where the community steps up, this is exactly what we did for Fedora 7.

There is no requirement that mirror admins have to mirror everything that I am aware of, has something changed? If they are not required to mirror everything then why is this even an issue? Those that want to mirror the CDs will those that don't want to move on with their lives mirroring what they want to or what they can which ever applies. Facts are that most mirror admins will always want to use less space, less bandwidth this is nothing new. How enormous is a debian release on a mirror? Are they being... strong armed in to trimming their distro's options? I feel Fedora is being manipulated.

- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |