bind-chroot in F11

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:21:11 UTC 2009

I checked the contents of the bind-chroot package in both F10 and f11
-  as I was puzzled about running bind-chroot since things seemed
rather different to previous behaviour.

In F11 the contents contain
/var/named/chroot and within this directory are
/dev containing file null, random and zero
and /etc containing file localtime
and nothing else.

In F10 the contents contain
/usr/sbin/bind-chroot-admin
and /var/named/chroot and within this directory are
/dev containing file null, random and zero
/etc/ containing files named.conf, named.rfc1912.zones and rndc.key
/var/ containing log/named.log
and also containing named/ containing named.ca, named.empty,
named.localhost and named.loopback

So this is a big difference in the bind-chroot package in F11 - with
lots "not there" compared to F10

Can anyone enlighten me on why there is such a huge difference? Has
there been some fundamental policy change since F10?

Thanks

--
mike