Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Sun Jun 14 14:53:14 UTC 2009

----- "Jesse Keating" <jkeating at j2solutions.net> wrote:

> Don't be clouded by who is requesting it.  Releng qa anaconda et al
> would love to stop doing split cds.  Less confusion on what to
> download would be appreciated by many too.  We are one of the last
> distros to still do cd media outside of live media.  Is this a case of
>
> users not knowing there are better choices than split CDs?  Research
>
> into those demanding splits should be done and documented by those
> eager to continue seeing them produced.

I appreciate the clarification from you and Matt on the request. As you know Jesse my, and Unity's, goal has been for a while has been to get Fedora in to the hands of as many people as possible with the least amount of "pain." That is why we make the Re-Spins, it was why we made the original Live media. I know and understand the extra man hours required to properly test all the different varieties of media. As I said Unity will produce CDs for those that need/want them should RE or whoever decides that it is impractical for Fedora Project to continue producing them. Another compromise I am sure that would work for us is if you produced them, handed them off to us for testing and distribution.

- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |