Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Jun 15 07:06:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 08:34:55 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen
<kanarip at kanarip.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:20:09 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen
> <kanarip at kanarip.com>
> wrote:
>> 1) Users might not know what to download
>>
>> 2) We might put resources into something that isn't used as much as we
>> would have hoped.
>>
>> I'm not sure whether one single solution is appropriate for both
> problems.
>>

> Looking at a potential cause for the discrepancy in the numbers;
>
> Look at how we offer CDs at http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
>
> I can't find them linked directly anywhere as opposed to the DVD which is
> directly linked from the main page. There's one explanation for the
higher
> DVD download numbers...

Also, on /get-fedora-all, CDs are linked by means of the directory that
contains them, and not as separate links to the .iso files. I wonder how
many downloads may have been missed because of matching against the .iso
filename rather then the /iso/ download directory.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip