Do we need split media CDs for F12?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Jun 15 21:49:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 10:30:49AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 21:31 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > Also, I want to look a bit more at isohybrid to see if we can build iso
> > images that can just be dd'd, at least for the case of
> > boot.iso/netinst.iso
>
> Can you tell me more about isohybrid, or link to a project page?  Google
> wasn't exactly helpful.

It's a new feature of syslinux which modifies a mkisofs-generated
bootable ISO (which uses isolinux), such that it also adds a syslinux
boot record. The resulting .iso file can be burned to a CD and booted,
or written straight to a USB key (dd if=...) and booted.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO