gpsdrive and some perl packaging needed

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jun 18 04:33:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 05:58:45 +0200
Iain Arnell <iarnell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Kevin Fenzi<kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I am trying to package up the newest gpsdrive. (2.10pre7).
> >
> > I have a package now that builds fine, but I am missing some perl
> > packages that it needs:
> >
> > perl(Text::Query)
>
> I'd love to help, but upstream seems to be dead since 2001 and it
> fails to pass tests.

:(

ok. I can look at whats calling it and see if it can be patched
out/removed.

> > perl(WWW::Curl::easy)
>
> Has been spelt with upper case "E" since 2005 (gpsdrive upstream
> should really update their code accordingly) - already available in
> perl-WWW-Curl.

Ah ha.

> > perl(Geo::OSM:EntitiesV3)
> > perl(Geo::OSM::OsmReaderV5)
> > perl(Geo::OSM::EntitiesV5)
> > perl(Geo::OSM::OsmReaderV3)
>
> Seem to be in gpsdrive tarball only - not in CPAN - should be part of
> your package?

Hum. I will dig some more, but they don't seem to be getting picked up.

http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/gpsdrive-2.10-0.1.pre7.fc11.src.rpm

is what I have so far. If anyone would like to provide patches or
suggestions, they are welcome.

Thanks for the reply!

kevin