Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12

Jarod Wilson jarod at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 14:08:47 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 20:46:30 Peter Robinson wrote:

> >>Sorry? I thought it was still primary until after F-12. So yes its
> >>scheduled to be a secondard arch for F-13 in 12 months time. Its not
> >>one yet.
> >
> > Correct.  Though in the context of the discussion, it won't be in the RHEL7
> > timeframe.  I was simply using it as a counter to the "but RHEL" argument.
>
> I don't see RHEL as any form of argument. RedHat does a mass recompile
> anyway even if its just to remove the fcXX release tag

Actually, historically[1], no, Red Hat (its two words, not one) has NOT
recompiled just to remove the tag. Take a look at a Red Hat Enterprise
Linux 5.0 GA tree some time, its littered with packages that have a
.fc6 tag in them. :)

But "RHEL does X" is indeed irrelevant either way.

[1] doesn't mean a mass rebuild won't happen for RHEL6. Also doesn't
mean that it will. Hand-wavy "can't talk about unreleased products"...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com