Announcing LXDE Fedora Remix 11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 20 18:44:47 UTC 2009

On 06/19/2009 07:21 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> Quote:
> "I will post the ks file and the image to fedora-devel list a bit
> later."
> To me this sounds like a promise.

If this looks like a promise, then I guess every statement of intend
looks like a promise to you. Remember, that you are talking about
something many months ago. People forget things. Sending a reminder
doesn't hurt.

> But whenever one builds on others work, one credits them. This is what
> FOSS is about.

Would you credit all the upstream developers in a spin or remix
announcement as well? There is a limit to the amount of credit seeking
one must engage in. It is a simple oversight. After dozens of emails
over multiple mailing lists and long IRC conversations, I think you
should just move on.

Rahul