Fedora 11 wireless-tools yum erase?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:56:18 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 6:50 AM, John W. Linville<linville at redhat.com> wrote:
> If a tool needs something to perform one of its functions it needs it.
> There isn't a "anaconda-no-wireless" package, etc.

This speaks deeply to a cultural understanding as to what the concept
of networking is.

It seems obvious there are people who would like to consider wireless
as "optional." as this is an historic artifact of how networking tech
has developed over time.  I wonder, have we reached the point where
other people have started to consider a wired network "optional" as
well?

-jef