Changing the default 32-bit x86 arch for Fedora 12 (#2)

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:35:40 UTC 2009

Why can't you just leave it as-is?
I mean is 1% improvement (for cpu intensive workload) really worth
changing anything?

Instead of messing arround with stuff like that, I guess a lot of code
would benefit of beeing build with profile driven optimizations, which
often yields a 5-15% improvement without sacrifycing anything.
On amd64 it would even enable the auto-vectorizer (if enabled) to
vectorize only parts which count, without bloating code unescessary.

However that would be _real_ work, instead of just changing switches
and discussing it forth and back ;)

- Clemens