KDE-SIG weekly report (26/2009)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 08:13:55 UTC 2009

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 26/2009

Time: 2009-06-23 16:00 UTC

Meeting page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2009-06-23

Meeting minutes:
http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/fedora-meeting/2009/fedora-
meeting.2009-06-23-16.04.html

Full log:
http://www.scrye.com/~kevin/fedora/fedora-meeting/2009/fedora-
meeting.2009-06-23-16.04.log.html Full log

= Participants =

* Jaroslav Reznik
* Kevin Kofler
* Lukas Tinkl
* Rex Dieter
* Steven Parrish
* Than Ngo

= Agenda =

topics to discuss:
*  RPM Macros [1] for packaging
* critical path packages [2] - does it affect us? should it? how?
* any issues to bring up in the FESCo meeting?
* sharing brand with upstream
* Fedora 12 KDE 4.3 feature page

= Summary =

Kevin_Kofler elected to FESCo, any issues to bring up in the FESCo meeting?
* congratulations Kevin!
* next FESCo meeting is on Friday, if you have any issues to bring up in the
FESCo meeting, contact Kevin

RPM Macros for packaging
* MathStuf to take it to mailing list for further discussion
* we should have macros for the common directories, any advantage to have
macros for all stuff?
* it can help cleanup SPEC files
* do we need all KDE 3 macros?

critical path packages - does it affect us? should it? how?
* do we want to be on the list of critical packages?
   o if yes - which packages should be on the list?
   o if not - are we going to be treated as second citizens?
* rdieter is releng -> signoff group, so he could be our insider to check
critical updates affecting KDEs
* we don't have QA
   o SMParrish is triager
   o we need QA volunteer
   o we have to define QA process
      + we need testing plan
      + basic QA is "try to use the desktop and report any breakage you
notice"
      + we need some targets like "does WPA in kde-plasma-nm work?" for a kde-
plasma-nm update etc.
   o rdieter will prepare concept

sharing brand with upstream
* jreznik contacted pinheiro (upstream) for his idea
* fedora design team feels more negative on this
* we'd like to try, we need more communication between upstream and our design
team
* jreznik to continue as liason between fedora-art team and upsream kde art
folks in "sharing branding"

Fedora 12 KDE 4.3 feature page
* helps the marketing/qa machine
* what we should promote for F12
   o ltinkl is working on Device Kit Solid Backend
   o jreznik is working on Policy Kit 1
* Kevin_Kofler pointed out concerns about Device Kit state

Gran Canaria Desktop Summit [3]
* jreznik is attending GCDS, if you have something for upstream, contact him

Meeting bot
* was it useful? ;-)

= Tasks =
1. MathStuf to take macros proposal to mailing lists for further discussion
2. rdieter prepare concept for KDE QA
3. jreznik to continue as liason between fedora-art team and upsream kde art
folks in "sharing branding"

= Links =
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/PackagingCleanup#Macros
[2] http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2009/06/22/critical-path-packages/