Odd omission for qt4-devel package

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:11:48 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 03:05:41 -0500, King wrote:

> I found a very strange omission for the qt4-devel package. The path to
> qt4-devel binaries (/usr/lib/qt4/bin) isn't automatically added to $PATH
> like qt3's are.
> Additionally, when I removed the qt3-devel package, the path to qt3-devel
> binaries (/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin) isn't automatically removed from the $PATH.
>
> Shouldn't these be fixed?

It's "qt3" that alters $PATH via /etc/profile.d/qt.{c,}sh

"qt" only puts symlinks into /usr/lib/qt4/bin that point to /usr/bin,
so the executables are found with default $PATH already.

What do you find "very strange" about it? Have you run into any source
tarball that fails with qt-devel/qt because it makes strange assumptions?