FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 02:17:57 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 03:38:11AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>The word "representative" contains "represent". You're supposed to represent
>the opinions of the people who elected you, not just your own.

We have secret ballots.  How is one to know which group of people actually
voted for you or not?  You can't.  Forgive me, but that statement sort of
sounds like you saying "Democrats should represent Republicans too, because
they _might_ have elected you."

We have townhalls.  We answer questions from voters.  Our opinions are stated
during discussions in mailing lists, and IRC, and in calls.  Being elected
by your peers does not mean you change the entire point of view that got you
elected in the first place.

josh