rawhide report: 20090627 changes

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Jun 28 10:28:57 UTC 2009

Le samedi 27 juin 2009 à 21:19 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil a écrit :

> > As I told you on IRC, this is like taking a Java binding or reimplementation
> > of Phonon and packaging it as "Amarok".
> >

> I agree. However many java libraries we have have such special names.
> Do a "yum search java |grep -v java"

Java packages in general do not have -java suffixes just because they're
written in java, and java- is reserved for the jdk itself.

However *when the same component is provided in multiple languages*
there is no reason not to use a suffix to dustinguish the java version.

This suffix can be -j or -java or something else.

--
Nicolas Mailhot