FESCo meeting summary for 2009-06-26

Eric Springer erikina at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:59:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 10:49 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> That said, it's possible to improve over their design, in particular by
> adding links to info pages about the desktops and 32 vs. 64 bit right next
> to the respective choice. But removing choice is not an improvement.

What if the user was only given one option at a time? Sort of like an
"expert system"

--download.html--
Which Arch?
[big shiny box for each arch, with description and links]

--download-86_64.html--
Live CD or DVD
[big shiny box for each with description, advantages, uses, links]

etc.

It's a little slower, but definitely more informative, which is
important if we want people to get the right install media. And no one
can claim we're just copying opensuse.

Anyone object? :P