FAO: Programmers Quick Q?

Mat Booth fedora at matbooth.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 16:17:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Frank Murphy<frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Development#Communication
>
> with this in mind.
> Have a ticket open for a new m-l.
>
> devel-apps@ or programming-sig@
>
> Any preference?
>

> Frank

As a software engineer, I am also interested in making Fedora the best
development distro out there (I do this by packaging Eclipse plug-ins)
and I think the formation of a SIG to look after development tools
(much like the Perl SIG) is a good idea but I'm having great
difficulty in identifying the need for a separate developer /spin/.
Presumably the target audience (people like you and I) has the
where-with-all to discover and install their own tools and a pre-set
list of tools chosen for them is almost never going to cut it
(Netbeans users tend not to care for Eclipse and vice-versa) so who is
the spin for, exactly?

--
Mat Booth
www.matbooth.co.uk