Raising the bar

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:08:53 UTC 2009

>> > Please, take a look at smolts statistics, for example. Don't fool
>> > yourself with wrong statement that many users (not redhat employees)
>> > using Rawhide.
>>
>> Smolt statistics for example state there are currently 6 Fedora users
>> are using a geode processor yet there are about a million XOs deployed
>> known to be running Fedora..... is that accurate?
>>

> I don't understand why it's so hard for people to actually understand the
> data they're reading instead of just bending it to fail to make a point.
> Accurate is subjective, better then nothing is what smolt is, and this
> thread has _NOTHING_ to do with Geode processors and XOs.

Its not. That was my point exactly. My point was the information in
smolt is opt in (if its installed at all - on XO its currently not) so
can't be used to tell who's using rawhide let alone whether they're
employed by redhat or not. So the argument about users using rawhide
was completely inaccurate.

Peter