http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 06:55:41 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler, Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:08:11 +0200:
> I'm not familiar with the JavaScript story, but if he really recommended
> against using it, there was certainly a valid reason.

His point was that thousands of line of hardly obfuscated Javascript
(think Google Docs) is hard to recognize from binary-only distribution,
which I can see as pretty good argument. And yes I know that this
obfuscation is not for malicious reasons (it's compression as well), but
still, it would be lovely if source for Google Docs was available
somewhere.

Matěj