Installing Fedora with software based synthesizer for sceenreader

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 07:28:27 UTC 2009

Is is possible to *install* Fedora using our accessibility support out
of the box, specifically do we have support for installing fedora and
have a software based synthesizer available for the screen reader during
installation ?

I see that there was a previous fedora-derived effort but only as far as
F-9, and "A hardware speech synthesizer is required to install" though
after install supports "operation using software speech synthesizers",
i.e. http://speakupmodified.org/HOWTO_INSTALL.html

C.