packagedb API change coming

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:25:28 UTC 2009

For those of you with scripts that read information from the PackageDB,
there's going to be an API visible change sometime in the near future
(I'm hoping by the end of the mont).  The next deployment of the
packagedb will switch from using userid and groupid to using username
and groupname.

This may make it easier for some people as you will not have to lookup
the username in the fedora account system anymore but it will require
code changes.  I'll have a more detailed announcement when I have a test
server up and running for you to test your code against.

-Toshio