PLEASE READ: provenpackager reseed

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 10 22:06:19 UTC 2009

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> What I'd like to avoid is that some people step in and hide non-responsive
> maintainers by updating and upgrading packages without being an official
> co-maintainer (or by rebuilding packages in Rawhide without taking care of
> open bugzilla tickets).

I think the important part is that someone does the work, whether officially
the maintainer or not.

If Bugzilla tickets are being ignored, the non-responsive maintainer process
should be started for those, independently of whether some rebuilds for
broken dependencies by non-maintainers happened or not. If the broken
dependencies were the only issue, then having anyone, no matter whom, fix
them solves the problem.

        Kevin Kofler