pkgconfig can't find libgnomeui on F9

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Mar 23 18:32:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Erik van Pienbroek
<erik at vanpienbroek.nl> wrote:

> Some days ago I've had exactly the same problem, but with gtkhtml. Seems
> to be caused be a missing BuildRequires: gail-devel..but I don't know
> which package should be responsible for this BuildRequires..

It's not a BuildRequires issue, it's Requires.  Before rpm gained
knowledge of pkg-config (i.e. F10 and below I believe), every item
listed under the Requires: section of the .pc file had to have the
corresponding RPM package listed in the the Requires: section of the
-devel package.