Setting up apache problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun May 3 18:47:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

> > I've just about everything set up correctly, but when I restart httpd, I
> > keep getting the error that DocumentRoot /var/www/html/willowherbdesigns
> > doesn't exist, despite it being there (it's a symlink
> > to /web/willowherbdesigns).
>
> Probably because the content under /web doesn't have the right SELinux
> context; it should be system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0.
>
> You can check the context with ls -lZ, and if it's wrong, relabel using
>
>   chcon system_u:object_r:httpd_sys_content_t:s0 /web/willowherbdesigns

Just given that a shot, restarted httpd and still get the same
DocumentRoot not existing. This is confusing as ls -l /var/www/html
shows a symlink to /web/willowherbdesigns.

After restarting, pointing the browser to 127.0.0.1 gives an error 400
(Bad request) Your browser sent a request that this server could not
understand.

Something is going funny somewhere, but I'm unsure still where.

My hosts file looks like this

127.0.0.1		localhost.localdomain localhost PB3.linux
::1		localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6

so there is nothing in there which could cause an issue.

Help!

TTFN

Paul