Abandon "Default Desktop"

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon May 4 20:30:23 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer wrote:
> Where are you going with this?  Do you have some other DE that you would
> like to propose as the default?

"some other DE" == KDE, obviously. Did you really have to ask?

And no, Jóhann isn't asking for KDE to be *the* default, and neither am I.
We're asking for there not to be one default in the first place, but a
choice between 2 equally-placed desktops (matching their respective
popularity), and (why not?) an easy access to the emerging options (XFCE,
LXDE) which are currently entirely hidden, you need to go to spins.fp.o to
even see them.

        Kevin Kofler