Multiple repositories or multiple subdirectories

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Mon May 4 20:43:13 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 15:36 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Robert Marcano wrote:
>
> mirror tool that is rsync
> >
> > Maybe creating a repository layout like
> > could make easy for mirrors to tell rsync to ignore some directories.
> > createrepo already support a nested structure, What do you think about
> > that?.
>
> If space is a concern, have you considered simply using a caching proxy?

space is not a concern, network usage is.

Yes, but still it is a problem to make available for installation (not
only updates) groups of packages when network connection is not fast
enough (a common problem in my country, and I think in others too), It
is easier to setup rsync at night time, and leave the little bandwidth
available for daily operations